Kingdom of Daylight: Memories of a Birdwatcher
In this autobiographical account of a lifetime spent observing, researching and photographing birds, Peter Steyn shares experiences that span some 70 years. His story starts and ends in Cape Town, South Africa,
Author: Peter Steyn
- the 17 years he spent in Zimbabwe – his most productive in terms of ornithological research
- his worldwide travels in a quest to study birds
- his regular spells as a lecturer on cruise-ship voyages
- trips from the Arctic to the Antarctic, to remote Southern Ocean islands and to several Indian Ocean islands and St Helena
- travels also to the USA, South America, Australia, New Zealand and Ethiopia – all in pursuit of birds.